My Corporate Life Working At Home

I have a business in Weddings and Events. I was looking forward to a great year this year because it is the start of the new decade. But I guess, God has other plans, not just for me but for all of us worldwide!

Since the outbreak of the Coronavirus in February, the world shut down. One particular industry heavily affected is the Events Industry.  Now, more than ever, the government prohibits gatherings of more than 25 guests. There are sanctions when people break this rule. There is a corresponding jail time when we even try to break curfew hours.

Since the COVID-19 lockdowns, I reverted back to my former job - online writing. It is the only way I know how to earn during this pandemic. I submitted resumes to all hiring ads containing a 'Content Writer' position. There was a long pause and silence for many weeks, some few interviews and finally, after two months of submitting my applications, I landed on a Content Writer position, full time, in a software company that offers various software applications to all levels and types of organizations from different industries.

My gratefulness reached beyond the universe. I considered myself very lucky and on a mission to be given this great opportunity to work in the midst of the COVID PAndemic.



So here I am, doing my best every day to do the tasks assigned to me. I deliberately put the bills statements infront of my workstation so I will be reminded of the obligations I have in this life. The first month was the hardest, I was still adjusting to the tasks, and the tasks come in mountains!

I have been working from home full time before I entered the business world. Now, that I am back to working from home again, I kind of got used to this but what I wasn't prepared to face was the mountainous tasks given to me at one time.


Don't get me wrong. I am not complaining. I love this job even before I got hired in it, I was already freelancing on content writing for over a decade as a sideline job. Now, it turns out, that during the worst of time, my sideline job would become my full time job and save me from drowning in debt!

I am thankful beyond words for this opportunity.

And because I am now working full time, my sensitive husband ordered an ergonomic office chair online to my surprise! He knew how back-wrecking it is to work in a plastic chair for 9 to 10 hours everyday!

I want to love him more for being so sensitive to my needs!





It's been 6 weeks since my first day at work, Thursday is my favorite day because it was on a Thursday that I started working in my new job!

And because my little Ellie loves to spin my chair around, her dada bought one for her too! She's gonna start online classes on the last week of August and she will also use her ergonomic chair for her classes! ha! cool kid!


So my every day life with Ellie for the recent weeks is about sleeping, working, eating a little bit and resting on weekends.

AND I'M LOVING EVERY MINUTE!

This must be what growing old means! You become contented with silent, peaceful, less drama, less stress kind of life!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(Corporate) Love in the midst of the Pandemic

A Day in the Vanishing Island in Samal Davao