The Return of Ellie's Mom

OMG... this blog has been abandoned for months! Truly, motherhood has a way of keeping me preoccupied all day that I couldn't have the time to write about it anymore ----- for months!

Well, I'm back and I'm going to give you a rundown of the happenings in my motherhood journey in the last six months leading to September.


Summer of 2018 

After our escapade to the Vanishing Island last March, summer months passed by so quickly. I had two events in the month of April and another two events in the month of May so my schedule was jampacked with hands-on motherhood, home-based Virtual Assistant tasks and running my Wedding and Events business. I had no full time yaya so I had to juggle up everything!

But with the help of God Almighty, He sent me my partner, my family, my friends to help me carry out everything that needed to be accomplished! Would you believe that I plan weddings in Gensan for my events  that are mostly in Davao?! It is because I have eyes, ears, hands and contacts that would do my errands for me! Thank God!



Benedicta @ 80, our birthday event in April 10, 2018

Ellie turned 4 in the month of April this year. Oh how time flies. We celebrated her birthday in my mother's house in Davao on the night of April 15 but her real birthday was supposed to be on April 16 but because it is a Monday and work day, we decided to have dinner celebration ahead. It was a simple dinner with my side of family and some of Ellie's friends in the neighborhood. Her favorite cartoon as of the year is My Little Pony so the birthday theme follows. The funny thing about this celebration, we were supposed to travel from Gensan on April 14 Saturday, but because Ellie wasn't feeling well that day, we had to postpone our trip on April 15 Sunday. I frantically bought big cooking utensils and cooked the recipes for Ellie's birthday dinner! We traveled to Davao at 3pm and arrived at home by 7pm. The guests were already there and they were a bit hungry too!  So basically, I cooked the meals in Gensan and served it to the guests in Davao! hahah...

Ellie's 4th Birthday Celebration on April 16, 2018


By the month of May, my cousin got married and Ellie was one of their flower girls. Of course we are a family of event suppliers so we supplied whatever was needed in the wedding. Ellie loves wearing gowns and being a flower girl! So here she is!

Flower Girl Ellie on May 19, 2018

First Day of School 

By the month of June, my little Ellie has started school in General Santos City. We enrolled her to Montessori School of General Santos City. WE decided to enroll her in Gensan instead of Davao because my partner is currently working in Gensan as a Company Manager and we have rented a house that could provide us with a decent family living. Unlike in Davao where we lived in my mother's house and we would live in her living room. Below is Ellie's picture on her first day of school.


Ellie's First day in school...

I tried to look for a yaya in Gensan so that I could concentrate on other things. But I guess God has other plans for me and my family. Everyday since Ellie has started school, I had to wait in the parents lounge for her to finish her classes. I have 2 hours daily for reading books, listing my to-dos, and planning events and weddings in my waiting period. 

Rainy Months 

July and August went by so quickly. I had one event in August and the next event would be in the month of October. Because I had to concentrate in the Davao event, and there was no one to take care of Ellie in Gensan, we decided to have her a vacation in her Lola Letty's house in Mati City from August 17 to August 25. My wedding event took place on Aug.20.  

Now, I have the whole month of September to concentrate in improving myself, focusing on the welfare of my family, planning for upcoming events as well as addressing the tasks of a blogger/website writer, being a mompreneur at its best. Because of the rainy season, Ellie had been to two doctor visits with cough and colds as presenting symptoms. There nights when we had no decent hours of sleep our eyebags would agree. The most challenging moment of parenthood is when your child gets sick. 

Daily Grind

It is an everyday staple for me to do house chores while meeting the needs of my partner and my daughter. I cook meals, clean the house, do the laundry, answer  business inquiries, do some DIY decors and event props, follow up suppliers, call people, inform people, talk to people, write for other people's websites, write in my blogs (or not at all) and improve my well being as a mother, wife and business owner. I try to incorporate daily workout so lose my belly fat. I'm not posting my belly fat yet since it is still very much noticeable. hahaha....


So even if I perform the roles  of being  --mother, wife, business owner, article writer --- I must admit there are good days and bad days but definitely, there is good in every day! Amidst the monotony of domestic life, and balancing tasks of an online worker and business owner, I still feel like I needed to do more and time is slipping away so fast. Why in the world do I love stressing myself out? At the end of the day (or early hours of dawn like right now at the time of this typing which is already 1:17 AM), I'm still choosing wakefulness. 

You know something, this bible verse is so true in every aspect of my life and existence. Perhaps this is the reason why I am able to do all these things in life, mainly  BECAUSE:


AMEN.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(Corporate) Love in the midst of the Pandemic

A Day in the Vanishing Island in Samal Davao

My Corporate Life Working At Home